So what am I excited about this year? Quite a bit actually, and as always the 3 episode rule applies, its rare when a pilot nails it, you have to give a new show at least three episodes to settle and give the viewer some indication of where it is headed.
So which shows get at least three episodes?
666 Park Avenue – Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams star, it looks pretty campy and the premise sounds silly. Click on the title to read it. But, I will give it 3, who knows it could be the big break out of the fall. But I doubt it.
Revolution – Bill Burke and the electronic apocalypse. Interesting premise, no more power, simpler times, maybe maybe not. Created by Eric Kipke (Supernatural), it plays on a basic fear and a simple desire, to return to a quieter time, a slower pace. Lets see how it plays out, its either Lost or The Event.
Vegas – Dennis Quaid and Michael Chklis star in this period drama, its sheriff vs mob in old school Vegas. Expect lots of Rat Pack references.
Go On – Mathew Perry sitcom, he is getting over the death of his wife with the help of a support group. We’ll see sitcoms are tricky.
Nashville – Connie Britton, that’s all I needed to hear and I was in.
Elementary – The BBC Sherlock re-boot airing on Masterpiece Mystery is fantastic, and Benedict Cumberbatch‘s take on Holmes is genius. SO why do we need this version, I guess we will have to tune in to find out if we really need another “quirky” detective series. Just like lawyers before them, they seem to be all the rage lately.
Beauty and The Beast – Curiosity factor only, I wan to see if Kristin Kreuk can play anything besides Lana Lang. I doubt I will stick past three, but The CW could shock me and make this nonsense work. Note to CW, how can a beast be a beast with one huge scar, that’s not much of a beast.
And the biggies, my favorites, the reason I love Thursday and Friday, The Vampire Diaries and Fringe. Dude, Elena’s a vampire and this is Fringe’s last season. Can’t f’ing wait, its on!!!
- The CW Fall Shows, Including The Worst Drama Of The Season? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Kristin Kreuk finds Beauty (o.canada.com)
- The CW Network Announces Fall 2012 Premiere Dates (cwphilly.cbslocal.com)
- WATCH: ‘666 Park Avenue’ First Look (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘666 Park Avenue’: A show worth watching this fall (csmonitor.com)
- Fall TV First Look: The CW’s Unveils Key Art for Arrow, Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens (tvline.com)
- Kristin Kreuk Talks The CW’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, Receiving a Note from Linda Hamilton, SMALLVILLE and More (collider.com)
- Exclusive New Photos: The Beauty and Her Beast (tvline.com)
- CW’s New Fall Show Art: Shirtless ‘Arrow’ Star, Plus ‘Beauty and the Beast,’ ‘Emily Owens, M.D.’ (PHOTOS) (celebuzz.com)